"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it" - Andy Rooney.
What a great Andy Rooney quote. It is so true, too. We may have all the dreams and goals worked out, and we take all the necessary steps to accomplishing those goals. But the challenge is in the process; the journey that we embark on in pursuit of fulfilling our purpose.
The journey to greatness is not an easy or fun one, but it is necessary. We cannot get to where we are going without growing.
We also live in a state of instant gratification. We want what we want NOW! We want to see results immediately. We are not willing to wait for much, so we get frustrated and tempted to give up. We get weary in our pursuits if the process takes too long.
As we are developing our purpose, we have to go through a process; sort of refining or rebuilding. We have to bloom where we are before we can reach the top of the mountain - the peak of our success.
As we climb the mountains in our life, we are developing our life muscles. We are growing and preparing for all that we aspire to do or become. That is the process of "blooming" where we are.
Think about this for a minute: The runner who desires to run a marathon won't able to run that race until he or she has done the proper conditioning. The pursuit of that goal is in the preparation. The preparation or conditioning is necessary for the purpose. He or she has to develop the stamina, strength and endurance for the race.
Likewise, we must be developed and conditioned to overcome all obstacles we face along the way.
Here are 7 ways to help you bloom where you are planted:
- Start where you are. Don't wait until you think you have everything you need. Use what you have now and acquire the rest along the way.
- Remind yourself constantly of what it is you are striving for. Stay focused on where you are going, not where you are.
- Enjoy the process. Ha ha, right? The process to your success is going to happen, so you might as well enjoy it. Learn what you must. Experience what you must. Live in the moments that the process brings.
- Surround yourself with like-minded, positive people. Protect your dream. Don't spend a lot of time around negative people or the "nay-sayers." They will suck the life out of you and rob you of your dreams.
- Reward yourself along the way. Every step towards your goal is a success, so celebrate your victories, big or small.
- Don't be afraid to take some risks. Opportunities will present themselves in unusual and unexpected ways. Don't be afraid to take a chance, even if it is not something you thought was a consideration.
- Track your progress. The only way to know where you are with your goals is to track your progress and make any tweaks necessary.
Gwen Thibeaux is a motivational teacher, speaker, entrepreneur and author of "Embracing the Greatness Within: A Journey of Purpose and Passion." Gwen is also the Founder and Director of EYG Academy and Training Institute. For more information on the author, visit http://www.gwenthibeaux.com or http://www.eygacademy.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gwen_Thibeaux