Here are 7 steps to goal setting to get you started on your goal setting journey. They are profound steps that will have you achieve your goals faster.
- What do you want?
- What is your goal?
- What does this goal mean to you?
- Why is it important to you?
- Why do you want to achieve it?
- Do you want to achieve it no matter what?
- Who do you need to share the goal with?
- Are you sharing in a way that leaves them touched, moved and inspired?
- Are you allowing yourself to receive their feedback?
- Are you reporting your progress to them on a daily basis?
- Are you acknowledging them?
- Describe the outcome of the goal.
- What does it look like?
- Write it on paper, in the present tense and be positive.
- Be a VIP - visualize, imagine, pretend. Athletes experience when they visualize, imagine and pretend their event, however they see it, is however it occurs. If that is so, then wouldn't it be beneficial to VIP each day or each segment of each day.
Feel the Focus
- Feel the achievement of the goal.
- Get busy gazing at the outcome - where you're going.
- Keep focused on the outcome.
- Trust that all is well.
- Be a VIP - visualize, imagine, pretend.
- What actions are you inspired to take?
- Be courageous to take the inspired action.
- Move on the first thought. It may seem to make no sense, take it anyway, you'll be okay.
- Schedule your actions if you need to.
- Tracking also means taking score of how you're feeling - are you feeling good, monitor the progress of how you are feeling.
- Take away the significance of achieving the goal, avoid being attached to any tangible measurement involved for example numbers.
- Stay focused on feeling good.
- Tangible measurement just indicates what is currently happening, now you know, that gives you access to change gears and do something differently to get results.
- Have fun with this!
- Be continuously thankful for your accomplishments. Keep a gratitude log.
- Appreciate those who have what you want.
To summarize the 7 steps:
- Make sure you know why the goal is important to you.
- Communicate daily with someone who is also interested in the achievement of your goal.
- Use any of the goal setting plans to indicate your outcome and use the sample goal setting in the link above to guide you in the 7 steps to goal setting.
- Visualize, imagine, pretend and feel the achievement of your goal.
- Act on the first thought - inspired action.
- Track your results, feel good, have fun.
- Never give up!
Read them before starting your goal setting plans and keep it close to you as a reminder of the steps to ensure your success.
This site is about goal setting with a difference using law of attraction and quantum mechanics. The author, Dawn A Grant shares her goal setting journey which has allowed her to experience a life of joy, freedom and ease. Her passion is to create a domain where persons interested in living a similar lifestyle can find what they need to achieve the results they want.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dawn_A_Grant