|Dream girl (Photo credit: @Doug88888)|
Change is a state of growth. To grow and develop your dreams you need to recognize where you want the change to begin.
First, write your dream (dreams) and the reason for change.
- Do you like your job?
- Are you a mom who wants to stay home with her children?
- Do you want to retire in comfort?
- Do you want a bigger home?
- Are you interested in going to college?
- Do you want to pursue your after college degree?
The above reasons relate to finance. However, not all dreams or desired changes come from financial reasons.
Happiness and being content are excellent dreams to achieve. What would we ask ourselves when in pursuit of happiness?
- Do you like the way you respond to your peers?
- Do you know how to feel compassion?
- Do you love yourself?
- Do you feel organized most of the time?
- Are you easily pushed to anger?
Then we have dreams of wanting the desired physical appearance. Such as losing weight, changing our hair color, or just learning to accept who we are and what we are.
Change is a state of growth. You must have a passionate enough reason to make the desired change.
State of growth requires a mind set and determination to make it happen.
After you have recognized the desired change you seek break it down into short term goals, which will then lead to long term effects.
Suggested steps in goal making:
- One thing you want to do each day towards your goal.
- One thing you wish to achieve on a weekly basis towards your dream.
- One thing you expect to achieve on a monthly basis toward your dream.
- Where do you want to be one year from the day you started.
Find a journal and write your steps towards change. Reflect at the end of each week to see if you have accomplished each step you wrote down for yourself.
At the end of each month when your goal has been accomplished, reward yourself with something nice.
Make your dream happen from a single act. Act upon it and realize that what you dream can come true. Make your dream a reality.
"The Time Keeper", written by Mitch Albom, is about time and what we do with it. The author encourages readers to take time, enjoy what life offers and seek that which is good and beneficial. When you set your goals to that purpose your dreams manifest.
When you feel passionate enough about your change then things begin to happen. It is not magical, but you begin to believe in yourself so you are not afraid to take action.
Dare to change and make a better life for yourself and your family.
Click here to read more: http://greatchoicesite.com/are-you-ready-for-change/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Teri_Wallis