Wednesday, April 17, 2013

If You Will Change, Everything Else Will Change Too

Change Happens
Change Happens (TahoeSunsets)
by Stanley F Bronstein

There is no way getting around it. Personal re-creation is going to require personal change.

Every time I've taken a step along my personal re-creation process over the past 20 years, I have had to make personal changes, some of them major.

When I wanted to lose weight, I had to change my eating habits and I have had to exercise.

When I wanted to relocate my law and accounting practice to another state, I had to change many things, including moving out of a home I had lived in for 20 years and taking on major, new responsibilities, all in an environment of uncertainty as to whether or not I would be successful.

Change is something most of us fear. Most people have a tendency to prefer comfortable environments where we don't have to face the stresses that change can bring.

We like to go to work every day and know that we won't be faced with any new tasks that we may not be capable of handling. We like to get up at the same time each day and go to sleep at the same time. We like patterns. We like stability.

By not having to face change, it makes us feel safe. While "being safe" is generally a good thing, "playing it safe" is not always a good thing.

By "playing it safe", I mean one's tendency to take a course of action that they know will not lead to any problems or potential problems. I mean a course of action that will not ruffle anyone's feathers, that will not make any waves.

Such a course of action will frequently keep us out of trouble, but it will also make it much less likely that any positive changes will ever happen.

For example, I was perfectly happy living in my old home. It was a tremendous risk for me to relocate my practice and my life to another state.

For all I know, may have missed some major opportunities by not being in my old home and I might be doing very well right now, had I remained there.

Notwithstanding, I am tremendously happy that I relocated and I think my life and business are much better as a result of having moved.

If I had been afraid to make a change, I would probably still be living in my old home. I will never know whether or not that would have been better or worse, but I do know the results of my having moved have been excellent.

I personally believe that risking the move may have been the greatest and most beneficial personal change I have ever made. It was a catalyst that opened up so many doors and so many possibilities, none of which would have existed had I remained where I was.

I believe that you too have the possibility of making personal changes that can open up so many possibilities for you.

What are some things about you that you might like to change?
What are some good things that might happen if you make these changes?
Are you willing and ready to make these changes, or are you afraid?
What are some of the best things that can happen to you if you make these changes?
What are some of the worst things that can happen to you if you make these changes?
If you are afraid, what is the best thing that can about you that you do NOT want to change?

If you're going to succeed, your going to have to face any fear of change you might have and learn to embrace your fears instead. After all, the riskier the road, the greater the profit!

Stanley Bronstein is the author of 7 books, 6 of which are in the area of personal development. His latest project, was the creation of the intensive course SuperChangeYourLife

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Stanley_F_Bronstein
http://EzineArticles.com/?If-You-Will-Change,-Everything-Else-Will-Change-Too&id=7633274

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment