Friday, November 30, 2012

When You Make Decisions, Are You Aware of Your Motivations?

Awareness
Awareness (Photo credit: Emilie Ogez)
by Karen YL

As you move along your path in life, you will inevitably encounter forks in the road. When faced with choices, consider the following thought provoking questions:

- Will this choice propel me forward to an inspiring future or keep me stuck in the past?
- Will this choice bring me long term fulfillment or short term, instant gratification?
- Will this choice add to my life force or rob me of my energy?
- Am I standing in my own power or am I trying to please someone else?
- Will I use this situation as an opportunity to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
- Am I looking for what is right or for what is wrong?
- Does this choice empower or disempower me?
- Is it an act of self-love or self sabotage?
- Is this an act or faith or an act of fear?

Before you make a decision, consider the above questions to understand your motivations. Keep a notepad and pen handy to write down any thoughts and word tracks that come up when considering your options. You might be surprised with what you are "thinking". Awareness is key to change.

If you are not satisfied with the results you are getting in life, you are operating from thoughts and beliefs that are not working for you.

Once you are aware of your thoughts, you can take the steps to change them. During this process you may experience resistance or counteracting forces within that will diminish the results you are trying to achieve. As you replace the old thoughts with new thoughts and reaffirm daily, the old counterproductive thoughts will have less power over you until they disappear.

Now you will be operating from thoughts that are your "new truths" and in alignment with your best interests and where you want to go. Focus on your new truths daily for 30 days. By the end of the 30 days, you will notice less effort is required as your new thoughts are now integrated and become your natural way of thinking.

As with anything worthwhile in life, be positive, patient, persistent and consistent. It won't happen overnight, but with consistent, daily effort, it will happen! Be kind to yourself and support yourself. You are creating a new foundation to work from that will create a new, more fulfilling and exciting life. Make the decision to start today. Create your own life.

For more information, visit our website and sign up for the FREE 7 Day Success E-Course: http://www.createyourownlife.com.au

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Karen_YL
http://EzineArticles.com/?When-You-Make-Decisions,-Are-You-Aware-of-Your-Motivations?&id=7396801

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment