Monday, December 5, 2011

Why Bob Marley Quotes Inspire Me

English: Marley filmed from left stage door du...Image via WikipediaBy Kenneth J Gould

I didn't think much of Bob Marley until recently. I knew that he was the so-called king of Reggae but that was about the limit of my knowledge.

I stumbled upon some of his saying a few weeks ago and was duly impressed by his voracity for love and life. We're going to take a look at some of my personal favorites and break them down.

"Who are you to judge the life I live?" - Bob Marley

I smile when I read this one. It reminds me of my own life. I've been a professional poker for the last 7 years, and sometimes it's hard to believe the talk that resonates behind my back about my profession. Live your own life and be happy. Basing your life on other people's judgements is doomed to fail, and Bob knew this.

"Money can't buy life" - Bob Marley (His last words to his son)

I had to learn this one for myself. At the young age of 22 I had a 6 figure year and was incredibly unhappy. Yep. UNHAPPY AND DEPRESSED. I couldn't figure out what was the problem. I'd heard and believed that money would solve everything. Women would adore me with money. I could buy all the stuff I wanted. I could live in a new apartment!

Well, I had all the stuff I wanted and my place was pretty nice, but it didn't increase my luck with women, my friends, or my overall happiness. The fact of it is, money should be used as a tool to provide new experiences that enrich life. However, it's far from necessary to enjoy it.

"Wake up and live " - Bob Marley

Most people go through life in a daze. They go to work, eat, watch TV, and sleep. Rinse and repeat each day. As Henry David Thoreau put it, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Bob Marley saw this as well. People need to rise and challenge themselves to new adventures. Travel awoke this feeling within me, especially those new places that challenged my comfort zone. Excitement and adventure. Everyone needs a dose of it.

"You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters?" - Bob Marley

Here's Bob living in the moment one more time. He's right. The past is irrelevant, and the future is impossible to predict. If the woman in your arms loves you, than that is all you need to know. Too often we become logical about love instead of taking each moment and enjoying it.

See more awesome Bob Marley quotes and check out this fun Bob Marley quotes video.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kenneth_J_Gould
http://EzineArticles.com/?Why-Bob-Marley-Quotes-Inspire-Me&id=6717857
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, bob marley quotes

    ReplyDelete