Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tips for Writing Out Your Goals and How to Take Baby Steps in Achieving Them

CAMBRIDGE, MA - JANUARY 28: Actress Anne Hatha...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeBy Cindy Siow

Goal setting is used by top achievers in their respective fields. Goals give an individual long and short-term focus and motivation. They also provide a direction to focus our energies to plan and organize our resources and time in order to get the best out of life.

The classic example of goal setting conducted at Harvard University between 1979 and 1989. In 1979, a survey of MBA graduates found that 3 percent had clear, written goals for the future and had written plans to accomplish them. Ten years later, the researcher found that this group who had clearly written goals were earning about 10 times more than the other 97 percent of the students.

Here, are some ways to list down goals you want to achieve.

Brainstorm

At this stage, you want to free your mind and list down all the goals you hope to pursue in this life time. Just list down the goals you hope to achieve without prohibition.

Break them down into categories

Next, you classify the goals you have listed in the above steps into the following categories such as Career, Family, Finances, Health, Play so on and so forth.

Break them down into long-term or short-term goals

Next from the above list, further classify the goals into short-term or long-term goals. If you can achieve them in less than a year, these goals can be classified as short-terms ones.

Setting clearly defined short-term and long-term goals allow you to chart your progress. The old cliche, "What gets measured improves" also applies to goal attainment as well.By seeing the actual realization of your goals on a daily basis, you can increase your personal satisfaction as each milestone is reached. Your self-confidence will improve as a result of you become aware of your capabilities.

Taking Baby Steps towards Achieving Your Goals

To start achieving your lifetime or long-term goals, you first set plans for 5 years, then break it down to 1 year plans, then 6 month plans then monthly plans, then weekly, then daily.

This list will form your daily to-do list towards the attainment of your goals.

However, always review your plans and chart your progress.

This exercise is especially important for you if you want to start a home based online business. It can get lonely at times as you work on your online business, however, always remind yourself of the goals you want to reach and keep working on it until you have reached the level of success that you desire.

The key is to use goals as a systematic process of planning your daily life. Once you have mastered the basics, you will find it easy to set and achieve your goals.

Cindy Siow is the owner of the website MyFirstMagicButton. MyFirstMagicButton is a system that enables virtually anyone to create an extra stream of passive income right from the comfort of their home.

It's like having your own 'magic button' where you can spin off cash almost like clockwork. For a limited time only, you can claim the blueprints to creating your own 'Magic Button' by visiting http://www.MyFirstMagicButton.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Cindy_Siow
http://EzineArticles.com/?Tips-for-Writing-Out-Your-Goals-and-How-to-Take-Baby-Steps-in-Achieving-Them&id=6740561
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment