"The Power of Positive Thinking" - This is a phrase you may have heard repeatedly throughout your life and sort of pushed to the wayside. You may have thought that yes, it sounds nice, but it did not really apply to you.
Nevertheless, thought has power. Learn more about the power of positive thinking and find out how you can harness this power for yourself and create the best life for yourself and your family.
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy - Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale
While the concept of "positive thinking creating positive results in life" is one that has been discussed casually for centuries, there is one name that is almost synonymous with this realm of study, and that is Norman Peale. Mr. Peale wrote the book "The Power of Positive Thinking" in the 1950's. The book has sold millions of copies and is still a popular book in the self-help genre.
Many people who have read the book consider it life changing. Spending a few moments reading a review of the book and Peale's other works will convince you that there is at least some merit to the strategies he embraced. The book does have some Christian leanings; however, even those with other belief systems can appreciate the knowledge that Normal Peale shares regarding positive thought and how it relates to accomplishing your goals.
What Positive Thinking Can Accomplish
If you are new to this way of thinking, you may wonder: "what can positive thinking do for me?" Here are just a few things you may be able to accomplish through mind power:
- A comfortable financial state
- Inner peace
- Success in the workplace
- Better relationships with friends, family and loved ones
- Happiness and contentment
You may hesitate to embrace the power of positive thinking because of those around you. Do not let those around you influence how you think. Flip this around and employ the power of thinking in your life so you can share the results with your friends and family and make a difference in their life.
Positive thinking is contagious. People around you can feel your moods and their own are affected. When you are happy and successful, people will want to be around you and in turn start thinking positively themselves.
What is Effective Positive Thinking?
Effective Positive thinking is not complex, but there is more to it than you may initially think. To achieve results you will have to do more than just repeat key phrases over and over. Positive thinking has to be your entire attitude towards life.
If you think positively a few minutes, then let the fears and doubt creep back into your mind, you will never accomplish your goals. You have to be committed to making a true inner change in the way you think. Only then will you develop the mental power than can affect you and everything around you.
"If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal" - Norman Vincent Peale
Ways to Help Yourself Think Positively
There is no one specific prescription that works for everyone, but here are a few tips you can follow to get started on your quest towards thinking positively:
- Use positive words while you think and speak. Words like I can, I will, and I have the ability are your best friends
- Only accept thoughts into your mind that reflect feelings of happiness, contentment and success
- If you find unhappy or negative thoughts creeping into your consciousness try to refuse them or substitute them with thoughts that can help you achieve your goals
- Use picture words when you converse with others. Use words that symbolize strength, harmony and the successes you hope to achieve
- Before you take actions, make time to think them through and imagine them successful. This visualization can help shape the actual outcome
- Read books and enjoy other media that inspires you
- Avoid listening to things that upset you and focus on negativity. Unfortunately, the news can be one of the most detrimental things to your mental state
- Surround yourself with others that think similarly to you
- Walk tall and sit up straight. This boosts your own confidence and makes you appear stronger and more successful
- Find a physical activity you enjoy and pursue it. Not only will it make you stronger, but it will help develop your positive attitude
- Always expect the best results from any situation. Over time your own mental attitude will change your circumstances
The Law of Attraction is a metaphysical philosophy that goes hand in hand with the power of positive thinking. Broke down into simplest terms, the Law of Attraction is that like attracts like. So therefore, thinking that you have money, success or good relationships will attract these things into your life. As you can tell, this is very similar to the focus of the power of positive thinking. Learn more about these theories and put them into action as well and you should be able to achieve anything you put your mind to.
The power of positive thinking is a very important way that you can achieve success. If you take time to study many of the most successful people in history you will find that they were able to think positively, no matter what their current situation. This ability is not something that is specific to rich, intelligent or famous. You too can achieve anything if you are able to learn how to harness the power of your own mind.
"Change your thoughts and you change your world" - Norman Vincent Peale
Do you want to attract money, success and good relationships into your life? Think positive thoughts and your life will become full of positive things! Learn to harness this power to accomplish your goals and achieve your dreams! It is possible! Join the free PathAcross Email list, or for more immediate information, go to http://www.pathacross.com/Law-of-Attraction/. Jim Ingham, a successful businessman, created PathAcross.com to explore how we create our own realities.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jim_Ingham