Painting your pictures
In coaching sessions, I ask my clients about their visions for their futures. With some prompting, they will usually end up with a detailed image (and sometimes a soundtrack) of how the future looks for them.
It's a very powerful way to commit to outcomes you want (and if you're familiar with NLP, this is similar to the well-formed outcome) as you provide the detail and the direction and it's your own aspirations.
Add to this a picture frame of your own choosing and you have a vision for your future that you can modify as you wish.
Where is your future?
Not everybody experiences their placement of the future in their minds' eyes the same way. Mine is very much in front of me, some people have theirs adjacent to them. I like to see mine in front of me as it means my eyes are on my goal all the time, and the picture is getting bigger and clearer with each step I take.
Today I was talking to a client whose picture had slipped out of view and into her periphery. If that happens, here's what to do
- Close your eyes.
- Visualise yourself taking hold of the picture frame in both hands, then pick up the picture and hang it on the wall in front of you.
- Notice the colour of the frame, whether or not it has a pattern.
- Make it bigger and brighter and move closer to the picture, as if you were looking at this picture in an art gallery.
- If there are any sounds or music in this scene then make a note of what they are.
- Keep your vision for the future in front of you and where it can be easily seen. This will make working out your steps to making your goal a reality that much easier until eventually you are in the picture instead of just looking at it.
Make your visualisation of your goals as multi-sensory an experience as you can and you will strive to achieve the wonderful things you can see, hear and feel.
Paula Jones is a qualified coach at Sugarbox Coaching and works with small business owners who are struggling with motivation or the pressures of mid-life. Turning a crisis into an opportunity for business and personal growth is a speciality. To find out more, visit http://www.sugarboxcoaching.com
To try a taster of coaching, pick up the free 7 day email confidence course, value �97 at http://forms.aweber.com/form/50/1762922050.htm
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Paula_F_Jones